Parent Teacher Organization
You're Our MVP - Most Valued Partner!
Please accept our open invitation to participate in your child's educational experience by being a part of the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Any time or talents you have will be of value to your child and to Corron Elementary.
The Corron Elementary PTO works to support the staff, acts as a resource to parents, and provides educational enrichment to our students through program funding and volunteerism.
Every Corron Parent is considered a member of the PTO and is welcome and encouraged to attend the meetings. It is the perfect opportunity to ask questions, present concerns, and/or share ideas you may have. There are a wide variety of opportunities throughout the school year for parents to become involved in PTO activities.
HOW IS THE PTO FUNDED?
This year the PTO income will be generated from the following sources:
- Fall Fest Fundraiser
- Corron Talent Show
- Cash contributions
- Box Tops/Tyson Labels/Ink cartridge recycling
- Meijer Rewards
WHERE DO PTO FUNDS GO?
This year's budget funds a wide variety of programs and events, some of which include:
- Field trips
- Teacher Resource Fund
- Annual Custard Social
- Time for Kids publication in each classroom
- Teacher Appreciation
- Grounds Beautification
- AVIC: Art Volunteers in the Classroom
- Workroom supplies
- Many other items to beautify the school and enrich our students' educational experiences
WHAT CAN I DO?
Corron is a school that welcomes and needs parent volunteers. The PTO helps to provide parent volunteers for many programs and events including:
- Art Volunteers in the Classroom
- Copy Moms (copying for teachers)
- Baking for special events
- Volunteers for: Custard Social, Fall Fest, Family Science Night, Family Reading Night, Holiday Gift Shop, After School Enrichment, Talent Show, and Track and Field Day
- Teacher Appreciation
- Building and Grounds Beautification
WHAT'S THE FIRST STEP?
There is a place for every parent who would like to volunteer at Corron. Sign up at the PTO Welcome Back Table in August, contact a PTO officer or committee chair by clicking on the "PTO Board Member" or "PTO Committee" links, or talk with a friend/neighbor who is actively involved with the PTO to take the first step. It's lots of fun!