"School Nurses are committed to helping kids by promoting the well being, safety, and educational success of every student."
Corron Elementary School has a Certified School Nurse on staff to address your child’s health and medical needs in the educational setting.
A Certified School Nurse or RN is available during the school day to care for the physical needs of students and to provide first aid in the event of sudden illness or injury.
Parents will be contacted if an emergency arises or as needed.
Your School Nurse seeks to:
- Maintain a healthy environment for all students and staff
- Manage and administer necessary treatment, accommodations or medication with doctor's orders
- Address and manage school and community health concerns
- Assure that all students are compliant with state health regulations and requirements
- Provide health and wellness education as needed
- Work with the Student Services Team in assessing and providing for the special needs of students.
"You can't educate a child who is not healthy,
and you can't keep a child healthy who is not educated."
Dr. Joslyn Elders, MD
Former United States Surgeon General